Childcare Team Member
Standish Parks & Recreation is seeking enthusiastic and caring Childcare Team Members who love working with children and contributing to their healthy intellectual and psychological growth. You will assist in teaching and supervising children in grades
1 - 5, while also motivating them to use their mental capacities and exercise their imagination. The Standish Parks & Recreation Childcare Program meets the needs of children and parents adjusting to the new school year schedule and provides the community of Standish much needed childcare. This position is part-time (10-30 hrs./wk.) between the hours of 7:30 am - 4:30 pm. Monday - Thursday. Pay rate ranges between $13 - $15 hour, depending on experience.
To apply click here:https://standishrec.com/forms/6083_6039_employment_application_2.pdf
- Provide basic care and care giving activities
- Use a wide range of teaching methods (stories, media, indoor or outdoor games, drawing etc) to enhance the child’s abilities
- Remain in constant communication with supervisors and update them on the progress of the children
- Observe children’s interactions and promote teamwork and healthy play
- Identify behavioral problems and determine the right course of action
- Collaborate with other colleagues
- Adhere to COVID-19 safety regulations as established by the CDC
- Proven experience as a childcare / daycare teacher
- Patience, flexibility and love for children
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Must be able to stand for periods of time, bend and lift up to 25 lbs.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
Standish Parks & Recreation is committed to following CDC guidelines to keep staff and children safe and healthy. Staff members will be required to wear masks at all times when inside and outside when social distancing is not possible.