Standish Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
Help prevent the spread of COVID19 by following these guidelines:
* Feeling sick? Have a cough or fever? Been recently exposed to someone who is sick? STAY HOME!
* Facecloths and/or 6' social distancing recommended when interacting with anyone outside of your immediate household (including when talking to staff)
* Boardwalk use: one way traffic only (please wait your turn) and avoid contact with handrails and other surfaces if possible. It might take an extra minute or two, but please avoid coming into close contact with others walking on the boardwalk in the opposite direction.
* Avoid use of restrooms if possible, but if ya gotta go, ya gotto go! Follow instructions posted at the porta-potty - please read all signs carefully. Hand-washing/disinfecting is extremely important.
* For the safety of our staff and residents, boating club members are not permitted to use Town bathroom facilities for the 2021 season. It's not that we don't like you, it's that we need to minimize exposure and limit the use of our Town resources.
* If the beach is crowded, please consider visiting another time when it is less crowded.
Click here for a downloadable Rich Memorial Beach Brochure:
In cooperation with the Portland Water District and the Town of Standish, this municipal facility offers a beautiful sandy beach, picnic area and lots of parking. Access is available to Standish residents and business owners only who have purchased a seasonal beach membership. In addition to the summer months from Memorial Day - Labor Day, we offer some fall and winter access. Launch a kayak and take advantage of the beautiful fall foliage or in the winter ice fishing access and parking is available. Check the schedule below.
2021 Beach Fees - Admission by Membership ONLY
Standish Residents Annual Membership: $35 per household
Standish Residents Day Pass: $10 per day (per vehicle)
Non-residents: Must visit with a resident who is a member. No access unless visiting
with a resident who is a member (residents are limited to 5 non-resident guests at once and must arrive and depart together).
Payment is NOT ACCEPTED on site. Payment IS ACCEPTED on-line anytime or during business hours at the parks & recreation office at the Standish Municipal Center.
How do I get my membership card?
Once you have purchased your annual membership you must present your receipt at the gatehouse (at your first visit) along with proof of Standish residency or business ownership. Receipts can be presented either in paper form or on your smart phone. You will be given a membership card at that time. After your first visit, you will be asked to present your membership card along with your proof of residency at each visit.
What if I only want a day pass?
Choose the day pass option below to purchase. Either print out your receipt or save on your smart phone. Present your receipt at the gatehouse along with proof of Standish residency.
Hours of Operation CHANGES DUE TO COVID19 TBD (see above in RED)
May 29, 2021 - June 13, 2021: Weekends only from 9:30 am - 7:30 pm
June 14, 2021 - Labor Day: Daily from 9:30 am - 7:30 pm
September: Weekends only from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Ice Fishing Season - the gate will be open from "ice-in to ice-out"
NO OVERNIGHT PARKING. If the beach closes early due to inclement weather, the gate will be locked. If guests park in our lot and go out on a boat for the day, it is the responsibility of the guest to return in time to remove the vehicle before closure. Failure to return on time could result in a ticket as well as no access to the vehicle until the beach re-opens. Plan ahead and communicate with the beach attendants if you are leaving the facility by boat. It is not the responsibility of the beach attendant to track down guests who are parked in the lot after hours.
Located at 100 Newbegin Way. From Sebago Lake Village at the corner of Rt. 114 & Rt. 35, travel north on Rt. 114 (Richville Rd.). Take a right onto Harmons Beach Rd. Take a right onto Newbegin Way. Follow Newbegin Way to the beach gate house and parking lot. No parking on roadway.
Please respect residents in the neighborhood and obey the posted speed limit.
Additional Forms and Files: